Human Resources + Business Adviser
MBA | SHRM-SCP | SPHR
Hi! I’m Melveen Stevenson and I’m the CEO and founder of M.S.Elemental, LLC, a human resources and business advisory firm based in Los Angeles, California.
As a certified HR professional with a background in accounting and finance, I help companies to navigate the human resources “jungle” of compliance, human capital, and leadership challenges. By using an holistic business approach, I help to strengthen organizations from the inside out, specifically through leadership development, operations optimization, training, employee engagement, and executive/behavioral coaching.
Over the last 17 years, I’ve held leadership positions in human resources operations, supply chain, and talent management at international companies in food manufacturing, medical devices, and consumer products. I’ve also had the privilege of having worked internationally.
Interestingly enough, my career began in accounting and international banking. With an inspired desire to support and drive organizational success through human capital, I redirected my career and obtained my MBA at Michigan State University’s Eli Broad Graduate School of Management.
Today, I’m not only passionate about what I do. I’m also driven to help you to empower yourself, your company, and your team.
“Melveen established strategic direction to address outages in basic HR policy implementation while aggressively pursuing initiatives to improve productivity in the business.”
Why Work With Me?
By using an encompassing business approach, I help to strengthen the infrastructure of organizations from the inside out, specifically through leadership development, operations optimization, training, employee engagement, and executive and behavioral coaching.
Qualifications & Certifications
I enjoy what I do and am pleased for my credentials.
- MBA from Michigan State University
The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management
- BBA in Accounting from University of Hawai’i at Mano’a
Shilder School of Business
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Professionals in Human Resources Management Association (PIHRA)
- Career Re-charge Facebook Group – Creator and Curator
- Board Member – San Pedro Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member – Encore Theatre Group
When you speak to Melveen you know her words come from a genuine place of care. She’s insightful, helpful, and generally knowledgeable in all fields while specializing in HR. I always look forward to a conversation with Melveen because I come away with a new perspective each time. Thank you, Melveen, for being a great resource for me, always!
Great points, Melveen. I have been listening to your (LinkedIn) videos and I resonated with this one. We have to push ourselves to be aware of other view points. We may not have to agree with them, but we need to know what are some they schools of thoughts. Keep up the good work Melveen. You are making a difference by being you, and sharing your stories.
- Promoting a Respectful Workplace: Preventing Harassment and Bullying
- Implicit Bias and Microaggressions: Adding Depth and Meaning to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Managing People for the First Time: The “Not-So-Common” Common Sense Principles for the New Supervisor
- Four Steps to Effective Communication: DISC as Your Powerful Leadership Guide
- Start Before the Start: Success Strategies for On-boarding New Employees
- Stay Interviews: Engaging Talented Employees with Focus and Intention
- California Meal and Rest Breaks: What You Don’t Know Can Cost You
- Wage and Hour Topics: Making Sense of Requirements Affecting Exempt and Non-Exempt Employees
- Workplace Violence and Active Threat Response: Preparation and Readiness Topics
- What Should You Do If An Applicant Has A Criminal History?
- Top Habits of Highly Successful HR Departments
- Don’t Get Left Behind: What HR Needs to Become Agile Now
- Dynamic HR: How to Transition from Tactical to Strategic HR
- Business Presentations for Results: How to Communicate with Clarity, Charisma and Confidence
I’m glad to share my insights and thoughts based on years of collaborating with leaders, influencers, and experts.
Healthy Leaders Hold the Key
Leaders who are technically competent in their field of expertise, but who don’t have strong people skills, can do significant damage in their companies.
Does Ageism Influence the Job Search?
While the belief is that ageism doesn’t really start until age 50, the truth is that it can start even younger.
Taking Your “Vacation Pill”
According to the 2015 U.S. Travel Association’s Project: Time Off, a whopping 658 million days were unused.
What I Can Do For Your Business